Job Summary :
As a design engineer you’re involved in the initial concept, design, development and management of projects in a range of sectors such as construction and the built environment, materials, software, components, machinery and vehicles.
To succeed you’ll need strong technical knowledge, as well as problem solving, communication, leadership and project management skills.
Depending on their specialist area, design engineers may also be known as CAD engineers, consulting engineers and product design engineers.
Roles & Responsibility :
- Liaise with clients to identify their requirements.
- Investigate and undertake analysis on how to improve existing projects or components.
- Summarise scientific and engineering principles in an easy to understand manner.
- Write technical reports to summarise findings.
- Cover the concept, specification, tender and development of new projects or components.
- Design the aesthetics, materials and functionality of components.
- Undertake model making, prototyping and product testing.
- Identify new systems and processes to drive quality, efficiency and save costs.
- Communicate effectively with the clients, colleagues and contractors involved in a project.
- Plan effectively to ensure projects are delivered on time, to standard and to budget.
Required Qualification / Desired Skill :
- Bachelor’s degree in Automobile/Automotive Engineering.
- Subject specific technical knowledge and commercial awareness of your area of engineering.
- An eye for detail and a methodical work process.
- IT and CAD knowledge.
- Analytical and numeracy skills.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Ability to work in a team & effective communication to liaise with team members, clients, contractors and others involved in the design process.
- Leadership and negotiation skills.
- Written communication and the ability to write reports
- Time management, organisation, and the ability to work to deadlines.
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change.
- A driven, self-motivated attitude and the ability to use initiative.